Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16-24 year olds *CLOSES SOON - 31/07/2017*
The government AGE 16 to 24 grant has already helped thousands of employers to grow their business by employing an apprentice. Subject to eligibility and availability.
The AGE 16 to 24 Grant for Employers aims to support businesses, who would not otherwise be in a position to do so, to recruit individuals ages 16 to 24 into employment through the apprenticeship programme.
The National Apprenticeship Service will provide AGE 16 to 24 to eligible employers in respect of qualifying apprentices, with an individual value of £1,500. Employers can be paid five grants in total during the lifetime of the initiative.
AGE 16 to 24 targets employers with less than 50 employees, who are new to apprenticeships and haven't enrolled a new recruit or existing employee onto an apprenticeship programme in the previous 12 months.
To be eligible to receive the AGE 16 to 24 grant you must:
- Confirm that you are not able to recruit an apprentice without the grant.
- Have fewer than 50 employees in the UK.
- Not have had an employee start an apprenticeship in the 12 month period before the start date of the first apprentice who you apply for the grant.
- Commit to employ your apprentice(s) for a minimum of 12 months on the apprenticeship programme or the time it takes them to complete their apprenticeship, whichever is greater.
- Confirm you are aware of and do not breach any State Aid rules by receiving the Grant.
- Agree to pay the apprentice in line with legal minimum requirements or more.
In TEES VALLEY, e mail today for more information.