Although you won’t be paying into the new apprenticeship levy or using the new apprenticeship service to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment, the way apprenticeships are funded will still change for you.
So in a nutshell
You have an annual wage bill below £3m and have 50+ staff
From May 2017 to employ an apprentice you will need to follow this process
- You choose a recognised Apprenticeship Training Provider, such as ourselves
- You agree a price for your Apprenticeship Training (no longer a fixed funding rate but there is a ceiling, we also need you to sign an agreement)
- You make an investment of 10% of the fee (as low as £150-£300 in health & social care)
- You receive incentive grants which could return more than you put in!
NOTE: If you Employ less than 50 staff, for apprentices aged between 16-18 you DO NOT have to contribute 10% of the fee
Example grants and employer incentives
- You receive £1000 towards a 16-18yr old Apprentice (2xpayments of £500)
- You potentially have access to various local schemes and grants such as the Apprenticeship Age grant (£1400-2500 per learner depending on region)
- Skills for Care Workforce Development Grant, unit claims
As your Training Provider of Choice, we will provide
FREE support with the Non Levy funding system
A dedicated account manager with experience in your occupational sector
Quality Training and Assessment
Access to supporting grants and workforce development solutions
Funding bands and co-investment explained
Every individual apprenticeship framework and standard will be allocated to a funding band.
The government will fund 90% of the agreed price for training and assessment, and you as the employer will pay 10%.
You will be able to agree a payment schedule with us and spread your payments over the lifetime of the apprenticeship.
An example of how this might work is provided below;
Employer chooses apprenticeship with a maximum price of £3,000
Government co-invests 90% = £2700
– Employer co-invests remaining 10% = £300 (if you have more than 50 staff)
+ 16-18 incentives = £1000
+ Age grant = £1,400