Where an employer has carried out a risk assessment and identified a need for a fully qualified First aider.
This course covers the requirements of current legislation, which includes the requirement that employers should provide information, instruction and training on First Aid in the workplace
What you will learn
· Explain the practices and principles of first aid at work.
· Explain basic safety in first aid.
· Recognise and treat the unconscious casualty.
· Demonstrate CPR
· Treat choking
· Recognise and treat serious bleeding and burns
· Respond to medical emergencies including diabetes, epilepsy, heart conditions and stroke.
· Treat fractures appropriately
· Recognise and treat heat stress.
· Recognise and treat poisoning
· Explain the need for good hygiene practices and record keeping
Any other information
· There is an exam at the end of the course which includes a assessed practical session and a written multiple choice test.
|Event Date||23-10-2017 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||25-10-2017 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-03-2017|
|Cut off date||22-10-2017 1:00 pm|